I was recently asked to participate in a webinar with Barton Legal. They asked a selection of construction law professionals to submit question which frequently appears.[Read more…]
In this podcast, I join Founder and CEO of Law in Sport Sean Cottrell to discuss the evolution of the betting industry and the changing attitudes towards betting and sports betting in the UK.[Read more…]
News and Views from the 39 Essex Chambers Commercial and Construction Group
This month, the newsletter looks at the proper law of an arbitration agreement. Articles include:
- An overview of the proper law of arbitration agreements.
- A look at some recent English case law.
- The Singaporean position on arbitration agreements.
- French case law regarding arbitration agreements.
- Some thoughts on the various approaches to determining the proper law of an arbitration agreement.
The recording of the recent costs webinar with fellow members of 39 Essex Chambers is now available online – or you can watch it in the below window, which you may find easier to view by maximising the screen.
This session looked at various issues surrounding costs and orders in commercial and construction disputes. Speakers featured include:
- Judith Ayling looking at changes to Practice Direction 3E.
- Shaman Kapoor looked at the reasons for departing from budgeted costs.
- Marion Smith QC examined non-party orders.
- And my own contribution looking at the subject of indemnity costs, particularly in light of the recent case of Lejonvarn v Burgess.
The webinar features expert chairing by Peter Hurst and a great discussion at the end. Sincere thanks to all involved.