Many of my cases over the years have been arbitrations, both domestic and international, some as Counsel and occasionally as Arbitrator.
I have also done a number of cases about practice and procedure in arbitration. They include:
- Issues about whether Notices of Arbitration have been properly served.
- Applications for extensions of time.
- Applications to remove Arbitrators for bias or misconduct.
- Stays of court proceedings for arbitration.
Reported cases include:
- Lafarge Aggregates Ltd v Newham London Borough Council  EWHC 1337 (Comm);  2 Lloyd’s Rep 577 (Commercial Court)
- Van Oord ACZ Ltd and Harbour & General Works Ltd Joint Venture v The Port of Mostyn  Lawtel 19/09/2003; (TCC)
- James Moore Earthmoving v Miller Construction Ltd  EWCA Civ 654  2 All ER (Comm) 598  BLR 322 (Court of Appeal)
- Birse Construction Ltd v St David Ltd (No. 2) (2000) 78 Con LR 121 (TCC)
- Birse Construction Ltd v St David Ltd (No. 1)  BLR 57, 70 Con LR 10 (Court of Appeal)
- Birse Construction Ltd v St. David Ltd (No. 1) 1999 BLR 194 (TCC)